Bartestree Village Hall
Bartestree Village Hall is a licensed premises which was opened in 1997. It provides a bright airy venue for any function. It is set in a large open space surrounded by sporting facilities, including a new cricket pavilion, beautiful views and a children’s play area. It consists of the main hall, a committee room and a large, well equipped kitchen. It is available to hire throughout the year and there are many regular and local events held here.
St Peter’s Church, Lugwardine
The Parish Church of St. Peter stands near to the middle of the village of Lugwardine and is surrounded by a small churchyard which was closed for burials in about 1887 when an additional graveyard was established down a short pathway on the opposite side of the main road. The Priest in Charge is Rev Preb Jane Davies who has the marathon task of coping with the five parishes of Bartestree with Lugwardine, Dormington, Weston Beggard, Withington and Westhide. There is a lively Parish Magazine which provides good communications between the first three of the parishes.
The Vicarage, Lugwardine, Herefordshire HR1 4AE.
Lugwardine Primary Academy
The first school was established within the Church in 1629 and moved into a purpose built Victorian building in Rhystone Lane in 1840 where it remained until 1989. The current Lugwardine Primary Academy moved to new, excellent, modern premises where it provides education for approximately 200 pupils aged 4 to 11 years old. It has received a ‘Good’ Ofsted Report.