MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD
ON TUESDAY 12 MAY 2015 AT 7.30 PM
IN BARTESTREE VILLAGE HALL
Councillors: Mrs W Soilleux (Chair); G Davies (Vice-Chair); Mrs F Matthews; Mrs J Karayiannis; N Shore; P Wargent; Mrs L HoppÃ© and M Wilson.
Mrs E Wilson (Parish Clerk/RFO); Mrs L Rowberry (Chair NDPSG)
Members of the public: 6
1. To Elect a Chairman/Sign Declaration of Office
Resolved: There being one nomination Cllr W Soilleux was elected Chair and duly signed the Declaration of Office.
2. To Elect a Vice Chairman
Resolved: Cllr G Davies was re-elected Vice Chairman.
3. To Receive Chairâ€™s Announcements
The Chair wished to re-arrange the Items on the Agenda as follows:-
Item 19 to become Item 18
Item 18 to b come Item 19
Item 20 to become Item 22
Item 21 to become Item 20
Item 22 to become Item 21
The Chair noted the new Village Hall and Playing Field signs and thanked Cllrs P Wargent and N Shore for their involvement in the arrangements. She also welcomed the new Cllr Scot Garner in his absence and pointed out that a new Councillor will need to be co-opted.
4. To Accept Apologies for Absence
Apologies received from Cllrs R Williams; D Greenow and S Garner
5. To Adopt the Minutes of the Parish Council Meetings held on 10 March 2015 and 21 April 2015
The Clerk confirmed that the Minutes had previously been circulated to Council Members.
Resolved: The Minutes were adopted and signed by the Chair.
6. To Receive Declarations of Interest or Applications for Dispensations
Items 12 & 15 – Cllr N Shore â€“ non-discloseable pecuniary interest as Secretary of PFA and Secretary of Cricket Club
Items 12 & 15 – Cllr R Williams â€“ non-discloseable pecuniary interest as Member of PFA and Cricket Club
Items 12 & 15 – Cllr P Wargent â€“ non-discloseable pecuniary interest as Village Hall Representative
Items 12 & 15 – Cllr Mrs F Matthews â€“ non-discloseable pecuniary interest as Village Hall Representative and Member of Football Club Committee
Item 11.4 – Cllr J Karayiannis â€“ discloseable pecuniary interest as she resides in The White House, Bartestree
7. To Elect other Officers, Committees and Working Groups
7.1 Responsible Finance Officer: Mrs E Wilson
7.2 Planning Committee: Cllrs: G Davies, L HoppÃ©, J Karayiannis, P Wargent and M Wilson
7.3 Finance Working Group: Cllrs: W Soilleux; M Wilson and Mrs E Wilson (Clerk/RFO)
7.4 Transport Working Group: Cllrs: M Wilson, R Williams; Mrs J Karayiannis and Mrs F Matthews
7.5 Public Right of Way (PROW) Officer: Cllr Mrs L HoppÃ©
7.6 Tree Officer: Cllr Mrs L HoppÃ©
7.7 Resilience Co-ordinator: Cllr M Wilson
7.8 Representatives to the Playing Fields Association: Cllrs N Shore and R Williams
7.9 Representatives to the Village Hall Committee: Cllr P Wargent and Mrs F Matthews
7.10 Representative to the Lugwardine Charity,Diana Caroline Hopton Charity and theÂ Longworth Chapel Trust: Cllr W Soilleux
7.11 Two Representatives to the HALC SAM Meeting: Cllrs M Wilson and Mrs W Soilleux
7.12 Representative to HALC Executive Committee: Cllr M Wilson
Resolved: The above were duly elected
8. Neighbourhood Development Plan
8.1 To Receive a Report from the NDPSG Chair
Comments: The past year has been one where bouts of activity have been followed by periods where not much has been able to be done. The Parish has continued to be subject to applications for large-scale development.
During May and June 2014 the Neighbourhood Questionnaire seeking views of parish residents was distributed and collected by teams of dedicated volunteers, to whom we owe grateful thanks. The results were analysed and a summary of responses relating to Planning and Housing matters is available on the Parish Website. Community and Business surveys were also carried out.
At the same time our Neighbourhood Plan Support Officer commissioned the first set of statutory scoping reports and these have been completed and are posted on the Herefordshire Council website. We were also promised SHLAA assessments of each of the proposed sites so that information could be made available to the residents to enable them to decide where they would like development to take place. The arrival of this information has been continually postponed.
It has also become apparent that due to shortages of staff and resources and lack of communication between departments of Herefordshire Council that not all Parishes will receive this information as had originally been promised under the new planning rules. However, due to pressure applied by us to the Council some information was produced on Friday 8 May, which once we have been able to consider, may be sufficient to enable us to proceed with a public consultation to establish planning policies for the future development of our villages.
However, Herefordshire Council still do not have a Core Strategy/Local Plan in place for a five year land supply â€“ both key essentials for the production of a viable NDP as the NDP has to follow the CS/LP. If the CS/LP changes the NDP may also have to change. For example, in the course of the examination of the CS/LP the housing requirement for our villages has been recently raised from 118 dwellings to 152 dwellings. We hope that the CS/LP will be able to be approved and adopted by Herefordshire Council in either July or September this year (but this is by no means certain) and this will at last enable the NDP to make progress.
Resolved: Report noted and Lucinda Rowberry thanked
9. To Receive Brief Verbal Reports
9.1 Herefordshire District Councillor D Greenow
Resolved: In the absence of Cllr Greenow no Report was produced
9.2 Local Community Support Officer Elena Ekanite
Resolved: In the absence of CSO Ekanite no Report was produced
10. Open Discussion
Comments: A resident expressed concern at the extent of fly tipping that occurs in Cotts Lane, Lugwardine and asked if a sign could be erected warning the public that this is an offence.
Resolved: The Clerk will notify the Ward Councillor of concerns and ask him to look into the possibility of signage. It was also noted that there is a telephone number 01432 261761 for members of the public to report incidents of fly tipping.
11. Planning Matters:
11.1 To Receive a Verbal Report from the Planning Committee
Cllr G Davies reported on the Planning meetings held prior to this meeting. He confirmed that many of the points he was going to raise have been covered in the Chairâ€™s Report.
Cllr Davies advised that Billy Reynolds had told him that he had received no interest when The New Inn had been previously marketed. He said that he would be marketing the property again soon as he cannot make any profit with the New Inn as a stand-alone pub. However, he would be happy to work with the community regarding the future of the New Inn.
Resolved: Comments noted and Cllrs Geoff Davies and Jenny Karayiannis were nominated by the Parish Council to enter into discussion with Mr Reynolds with a view to obtaining information as to his options and intentions
11.2 To Note the Minutes of the Planning Committee dated 10 March, 24 March, 7 April and 21 April 2015
Resolved: The Minutes had been previously circulated to all Councillors
11.3 S106 Monies
Comments: Cllr Wilson wanted to mention that there would be S106 monies, which could come to the Parish Council following development approval and also the donation of the field, which will be dealt with later in the Meeting. He asked if the Parish Council had any further items they would like to be sent to the Hereford Planning Officer.
Resolved: The Clerk should update the list as follows:
(a) the main power cable in the proposed gifted field will need to be put underground before it can be used for recreation
(b) the field will need to be levelled
(c) access to the field will need to be considered, with a possible separate entrance to it
(d) the developer should be responsible for any legal fees arising on behalf of the Parish Council regarding the proposed transfer of the field
(e) cost of drainage to the field
The Finance Working Group will also look further into the Regulations and report back to the Parish Council
11.4 To Receive a Presentation by Jim Hicks of Owen Hicks Architecture relating to 2 dwellings adjacent to White House, Bartestree
Comments: Mr Hicks advised that the applicant wished to build 2 contemporary dwellings, one in which he would reside. The properties would incorporate up to date energy efficient materials. The properties will be 2-storey with flat roves, so designed for the use of solar panels. The first storey would have timber cladding with white render and glass on the first floor. If anyone has any queries or concerns Mr Hicks asked that they contact him to discuss.
Resolved: The comments were noted and Mr Hicks thanked for his presentation
12. Financial Matters
12.1 To Receive a Report and Financial Statement from the RFO
The RFO gave a report and commented that bank balances to date were in order. As at 29 April 2015 the Community A/C was Â£18,394.82 and Business Saver Account Â£23,920.27
The Financial Sheet including payments made and income received since the last meeting was previously circulated.
Resolved: The Financial Report was noted and accepted by the Council.
12.2 To Approve the Annual Governance Statement for 2014/15
Resolved: Approved and signed
12.3 To Appoint an Internal Auditor for 2015/16
Resolved: Deferred for RFO to make enquiries of HALC as to charges
12.4 To Agree Cheque Signatories
Resolved: It was agreed that Cllr’s G Davies, W Soilleux, R Williams and M Wilson are the cheque signatories for 2015/16
12.5 To Consider and Agree:
12.5.1 Payments made since 10 March 2015 [as listed on Finance Notes] Resolved: Noted
12.5.2 Payment of Outstanding Invoices
Mike Dyer â€“ Lengthsman (967) Â£682.00; Eve Wilson â€“ April Salary and R/A (968) Â£**.**; SLCC â€“ Membership Renewal (969) Â£103; Signs & Labels â€“ Village Hall Signs (970) Â£360.00; Hfds Fire Alarm Services (971) Â£96.00; Epona Studios â€“ Web Support (971) Â£48.00; Hfds Council â€“ Planning Fee â€“ Football Stand (973) Â£97.50; Daniel Squire (974) Â£114.00; DC Gardening Services (975) Â£708.00; Eve Wilson â€“ Expenses (976) Â£148.83
Resolved: Noted and Agreed
12.6 To Approve Donations to Local Charities
Resolved: The payments of Â£250 to St Michael’s Hospice; Â£130 to the Christian Fellowship and Â£50 to Longworth Chapel were approved.
12.7 To Agree the Renewal of the Insurance Policy for 2015/16
Resolved: It was agreed that insurance should be renewed in accordance with Came & Coâ€™s recommendation for this year. The Finance Working Group will investigate alternative insurers for future years.
12.8 To Approve the cost of the Play Area Inspection of Â£5.00 per week
13. Transport Working Group
13.1 To Request an update from the Ward Councillor regarding:
(a) 20 mph speed limit along the A438 between the Village Shop and Williams Mead at the beginning and end of the school day
(b) Adjustment of School sign on the A438
(c) Signage at Bartestree Crossroads
Resolved: In the absence of the Ward Councillor no update was available
14. To Receive Questions from Councillors (tabled 7 days prior to Meeting)
Resolved: No questions raised
15. To Appoint a delegation of Councillors to enter discussions regarding the future use of the proposed gifted land
Resolved: Cllrs Soilleux, Davies, Wilson and Matthews were nominated to enter into initial discussions with the Playing Fields Association as to the potential options available. They will also discuss how to gather information and ideas from the residents of the parish.
16. To Consider work done/required under the Lengthsman Scheme
Comments: Details of the work done was circulated prior to the Meeting
16.1 To Approve the purchase of a florescent jacket for use by the Lengthsman
Resolved: It was agreed to donate the sum of Â£25.00 towards a new jacket
17. To Receive a Report from Cllr Wilson re potential Lugwardine Car Park
Comments: Cllr Wilson has spoken to the Planning and Highways Departments who do not envisage any problem in using the entrance to the vicarage. The Vicar is making enquiries of the diocese as to any complications or costs implications that may arise and will advise Cllr Wilson accordingly
Resolved: Noted and Cllr Wilson thanked
18. To Consider holding more regular Meetings
Resolved: Parish Council Meetings will continue to be held bi-monthly
19. To Approve the Circulated Dates for Scheduled Parish Council/Planning Meetings for 2015/16
Comments: Dates were circulated to all Councillors prior to the Meeting. The first meeting of the Planning Committee, if required, will be the 26 May 2015.
Resolved: Dates agreed
20. To Note the Information Sheet
Resolved: Information sheet noted
21. To Raise Items for the next Scheduled Parish Council Meeting – No Discussion
All items referred from these minutes.
At this point the Council passed a resolution to exclude members of the public for Agenda Item 19 due to its confidential nature
22. To Review the Parish Clerkâ€™s terms of employment (Private Session)
Comments: The Parish Clerk confirmed that although she was on average working 13 hours per week, she is content to leave things as they are for the present. This can be reviewed in 6 months time.
23. To Note the Date of the next Scheduled Parish Council Meeting
Tuesday 14 July 2014 at 7.30pm
Meeting concluded at 9.40pm
Signature of Chair Date: 14 July 2015