MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON
TUESDAY 8 MARCH 2016 AT 7.30 PM IN BARTESTREE VILLAGE HALL
Councillors: Cllrs Mrs W Soilleux (Chair); G Davies (Vice-Chair); R Williams; P Wargent; M Wilson; D Forrest; Mrs J Karayiannis; Mrs L HoppÃ©; D Greenow (Ward Councillor) and S Garner
Mrs E Wilson (Parish Clerk/RFO); Mrs L Rowberry (Chair of NDP Steering Group)
Members of the public: 3
1. To Accept Apologies for Absence
Cllrs N Shore and Mrs F Matthews
2. To Receive Declarations of Interest and Applications for Dispensation
Item 4 – Cllr D Forrest – Discloseable Pecuniary Interest â€“ acts for client in settlement boundary
Item 12 – Cllr R Williams – Non-Pecuniary Interest
3. To Adopt the Minutes of the Meetings held on Tuesday 12 January 2016
The Clerk confirmed that the Minutes had previously been circulated to Council Members
Resolved: The Minutes were adopted and signed by the Chair
4. Neighbourhood Development Plan
4.1 To receive a Report from The NDPSG Chair
Comments: Lucinda Rowberry has agreed to continue as Chair of the NDPSG. She advised that we are nearly at the end of the process. Once the final documentation is sent to Herefordshire Council, they will be responsible for dealing with Regulation 16. It is hoped that the Plan can be adopted, or well on the way, before the Public Inquiry in May. This may go some way towards the decision made by the Inspector of the Appeal and Public Inquiry into the proposed Gladman development. Lucinda extended a huge â€˜thank youâ€™ to the NDPSG Secretary for her extremely hard work and all the time spent in preparation of the Basic Conditions Statement and Consultation Statement.
Resolved: Report noted and Lucinda Rowberry and Wendy Soilleux thanked.
[Cllr Forrest left the room before this item was discussed]
4.2 To Approve the amended Neighbourhood Development Plan for submission to Herefordshire Council for the Regulation 16 Consultation
Comments: Selection of the photographs to go on the front page of the NDP was delegated to Cllr W Soilleux
Resolved: The Plan was approved by a majority vote
[Cllr Forrest returned to the room]
4.3 To Approve the Consultation Statement for submission to Herefordshire Council
Resolved: Approved by a majority vote
4.4 To Approve the Basic Condition Statement for submission to Herefordshire Council
Resolved: Subject to a small addition under â€˜Human Rightsâ€™ approved by a majority vote
4.5 To Approve the Habitats Regulation Assessment and Strategic Environmental Assessment as amended by Herefordshire Council
Resolved: Approved by majority vote
4.6 To consider instructing a Planning Consultant to prepare the Basic Conditions Statement
Resolved: The Parish Council agreed not to proceed with this
4.7 To receive the NDP Grant update
Comments: The current grant is due to expire by 31 March 2016. Unspent funds should have been returned by 29 February 2016. The NDPSG Secretary has requested an extension for this until 31 March 2016. A response is awaited. Further funding will be available from 1 April 2016.
5. To Receive Brief Verbal Reports from:
5.1 District Councillor
Comments: Cllr Greenow referred to the forthcoming Public Inquiry regarding the Gladman Appeal and reminded Councillors that anyone wishing to speak must register their request by 19 April 2016. He suggested that someone speak on behalf of the Parish Council and that other residents could speak on specialised topics during the course of the Inquiry. The residents of the parish need to show how strongly they feel against development of this size by attending the Public Inquiry each day.
Cllr Greenow then asked Councillors if they had any questions. The following points were raised:
(a) concern regarding badly blocked gullies on the A438 through both villages
(b) the missing 30mph sign on the bridge in Lugwardine
(c) signage on Longworth Lane
(d) damaged hedge along the A438 â€“ Lugg Flats
(e) various potholes around the villages
(f) signage at junction of Lumber Lane and A4103 damaged and not replaced/repaired
Resolved: The Ward Councillorâ€™s comments regarding the forthcoming Inquiry were noted and he was thanked for his advice. He noted the concerns raised and will speak to appropriate authorities. It may help if as many residents as possible can lodge individual complaints on the Herefordshire website.
5.2 Local Police Officer
Resolved: In the absence of an Officer no Report was given
6. Open Discussion â€“ To Note Matters Raised by Local Residents Relevant to the Parish
Comments: The public footway from Frome Park to the Bus Stop on the A438 is very overgrown and pushing pedestrians into the road.
Resolved: Cllr Garner will take photographs and send them to the Clerk who will report the matter to Balfour Beatty
6.1 Possible speed humps at Frome Court
Comments: The road at Frome Park has been adopted but Frome Court has not. The residents should therefore direct any concerns to their own Management Committee.
Resolved: Noted. The Clerk will advise the person who raised the query
7.1 To Receive a verbal Report from the Planning Committee
Comments: Cllr Wilson reported on the Planning meetings held since the last scheduled Meeting and remarked on the various applications and decisions relating to planning matters, details of which are contained in the Minutes of the Planning Meetings.
7.2 To Note the Minutes of the Planning Committee dated 12 January, 26 January and 9 February 2016
Resolved: The Minutes had previously been circulated to all Councillors
7.3 To elect a Representative(s) to speak on behalf of the Parish Council and NDPSG at the forthcoming Public Inquiry relating to 143771 â€“ Appeal by Gladman Developments
Resolved: Cllr Soilleux was elected to speak on behalf of the Parish Council. The position regarding lay speakers has been dealt with under Item 5.1 above.
8. Financial Matters
8.1 To Receive a Report from the RFO
The RFO gave a report and commented that bank balances to date were in order. As at 26 February 2016 the balance in the Community Account was Â£14,172.06. The Business Saver Account balance was Â£23,929.58.
The RFO advised Councillors that the Bank had advised her that they were changing the name of the Business Saver Account to a Business Premium Account. The interest rate will remain the same, but paper statements will only be sent out annually. If the Parish Council wishes statements to be sent quarterly (as they are currently) there will be a charge of Â£1.20 per annum. Quarterly statements are required to enable bank reconciliations to be made, particularly at the year end.
The Finance Notes including payments made and income received since the last meeting was previously circulated
Resolved: It was agreed that the RFO should send a letter to the Bank requesting quarterly paper statements for the new savings account.
The Financial Report was noted and accepted by the Council
8.2 To Receive a Report from the Finance Working Group
Comments: A written Report had been previously circulated
8.3 To Consider Recommendations made by the Finance Working Group
Comments: The following recommendations were agreed (numbered as in the Report):
(6) The Parish Council agreed that 2 inspections of the Play Area be carried out this year
(11) Arrangements to be made for all bus shelters to be cleaned
8.4 To Consider and Agree:
8.4.1 Payments made since 12 January 2016 [As listed on Finance Notes] Resolved: Noted
8.4.2 Payment of outstanding Invoices [As listed on Finance Notes] HALC â€“ Affiliation and Subscription fees (043) Â£1,021.65; M Dyer â€“ Lengthsman and P3 (044) Â£499.00; Hfds Council â€“ Election costs (045) Â£87.00; Eve Wilson â€“ Feb Salary and R/A (046) Â£**.**; R Francis â€“ Play Area Inspection (047) Â£40.00
Resolved: Noted and agreed
8.5 To finalise arrangements for the supply and installation of the Play Area Fence
Comments: The order has been placed and installation should take place soon
9. To Receive a Report from the Footpaths and Tree Officer
Comments: The Tree Warden and Footpaths Officer made the following comments:
â€œI attended a Tree Warden training session hosted by the Herefordshire Tree Warden Network, which our Parish subscribe to, on Saturday 20 February held at Tescoâ€™s Community Room in the centre of Hereford. The basic principles of being a Tree Warden were discussed and several areas of interest were noted for future training sessions, such as Ash die back. We were also issued with tree identification manuals and other literature regarding trees in a community setting and trees in hedgerows. A lot of reading and learning to do!
A Tree Identification Day was held in Woolhope on Saturday 5 March and I attended with another new Tree Warden, Cathy, who is from Withington.
We have received two complaints about the obstruction of the PROW at the junction with LU13 and Longworth Lane. At the time of writing, I have been unable to track the landowner down to have a chat about possible solutions. (Billy Reynolds).
I have been trying to arrange for a new stile to be installed at the entrance to Prospect Cottage on Lumber Lane (LU26), but meeting with problems. Firstly our Lengthsman refused to install a wooden gate, which is the landownerâ€™s preference. Then BB have decided that the PROW runs along the centre of the driveway and subsequently are unable to install a stile, which the resident totally refuses to accept. We are now left with the landowner requesting a meeting with BB to resolve the location of the PROW so a new stile can be installed to the satisfaction of all concerned.
I have put in a request for a new stile to be installed at the junction of LU15 and Tidnor Lane. There could be delays as the landowner sadly passed away just a few weeks ago.
Nigel Shore has involved me in the discussions about how to prevent various footpaths across the cricket field becoming permanent. There appears to be just one way of legally ensuring that they are not included in the Definitive Map for a period of 20 years and I have given him the necessary forms, etc., to process this.â€
9.1 Lost Ways and Anomalies
Comments: the Footpath Officer made the following comments:
â€œIn January approximately 40 letters and forms were delivered personally to the residents of Longworth Lane and Hagley Park in an effort to generate a response to our request to formalise the footpath adjacent to 11 Hagley Park across to join LU29 and LU13. We have received a total of 2 responses, but it only takes one to make a case, so I am happy with this response. It is my intention to call upon the residents of Hagley Park to make certain we have picked up all possible responses. We will then proceed with our application to Herefordshire Council.â€
Resolved: Cllr HoppÃ©â€™s comments were noted and she was thanked for her comprehensive Report
10. To Consider the Statement of Community Involvement
Resolved: It was agreed that no action be taken
11. To consider the position regarding dog signs at the Village Hall site
Comments: Cllr Wargent advised that the Playing Fields Association and Village Hall Committee have been dealing with this. It is intended that all existing signs be removed and replace with one large sign. Discussions are on going as to the wording of the replacement sign. The Playing Fields Association will fund the replacement sign. The Parish Council will be informed once a decision is made.
Resolved: Noted and Cllr Wargent thanked for updating the Parish Council
12. To Receive an update on the future use of the proposed gifted land
Resolved: Deferred to next Meeting
13. Lengthsman Scheme
13.1 To Consider work done/required under the Lengthsman Scheme
Comments: Details of work done was circulated prior to the Meeting
14. To Consider Green Open Space in Frome Park
Comments: A resident has volunteered to prune and tidy up the trees. Herefordshire Council have advised that they will grant a license for this work to be done, once confirmation of public liability insurance has been sent to them. The license will run for 2 years and can be renewed.
Resolved: Cllrs Garner and HoppÃ© will meet with the volunteer, together with any other volunteers to discuss work required. Arrangements will be made to obtain the license.
15. To Agree the draft Complaints Procedure
Comments: The draft had been circulated to all Councillors prior to the Meeting
Resolved: Agreed and adopted
16. Parish Plan â€“ Actions
Resolved: Deferred to next Meeting
17. Bus Shelters â€“ Provision and Cleaning
Resolved: Dealt with at Item 8.3 above
18. Complaint to Information Commissionerâ€™s Office â€“ To consider request to review the decision made under Item 4.2 at the Meeting on 12 January 2016
Resolved: Deferred to future Meeting
19. To Receive Questions from Councillors (tabled 7 days prior to Meeting)
Resolved: No questions raised
20. To Note the Information Sheet
21. To Raise Items for the next Scheduled Parish Council Meeting [no discussion]
To receive an update on the Dog Signs and Frome Park Green Open Space
All items reserved from these Minutes
22. To Note the Date and Time of the next Scheduled Parish Council Meeting
Tuesday 10 May 2016
Meeting concluded at 9.15 pm
Signature of Chair Date: 10 May 2016