COUNCILLORS ARE SUMMONED TO ATTEND A MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD AT BARTESTREE VILLAGE HALL ON
TUESDAY 11 MARCH 2014 AT 7.30 PM
1. To Accept Apologies for Absence
2. To Adopt the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 14 January 2014 and Tuesday 18 February 2014
3. To Receive Declarations of Interest and Applications for Dispensations
4. To Receive Brief Verbal Reports from:
4.1 District Cllr D Greenow
4.2 Local Police Officer PC N James
5. Open Time – To Note Matters Raised by Local Residents Relevant to the Parish
6. Financial Matters
6.1 To Receive a Report from the RFO
6.2 To Consider and Agree:
6.2.1 Renewal of membership of Campaign to Protect Rural England for further 12 months £34.00
6.2.2 2014/15 Affiliation Fee and HALC/NALC Subscriptions total £755.29
6.2.3 Payments made since last meeting [As listed on Finance Report] 6.2.4 Payment of outstanding invoices [As listed on Finance Report] 6.2.5. Annual Inspection of Playground equipment be carried out by Herefordshire Council Parks & Countryside Service at a cost of £45.60
6.3 To note the retirement of the existing Responsible Finance Officer and appointment of his successor
7. To Adopt the Recommendations from the HALC Conference and AGM:
7.1 That the Clerk checks and confirms the Insurance Cover for the Following:
7.1.1 Trees for which the Parish Council is responsible – that the Appointed Contractor Holds the necessary qualification to carry out Risk Assessments as required by the Insurance Company.
7.1.2 That all our Contractors hold the necessary Public Liability Insurance.
7.1.3 To confirm the Parish Council’s insurance responsibilities as Trustee of the Village Hall and regarding insurance cover of the Financial Management of the Village Hall.
7.1.4 That our Insurance Company is content that our Risk Assessments meet their requirements.
7.2 That the Finance Work Group Investigate and Report back to the Parish Council re:
7.2.1 The validity of the Parish Council’s Financial Standing Orders, in particular the insurance position for the Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer’s handling of the Parish Councils Monies/Accounts and that the insurance company is content with our Independent Procedures of Audit and Control.
8. Planning Matters
8.1 To receive a verbal report from the Planning Committee
8.2 To Note the Minutes of the Planning Committee meetings dated 28 January 2014 and 18 February 2014
9. Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group [NDPSG]
9.1 To receive a verbal report from the NDPSG
9.2 To consider and approve the circulated Questionnaire
9.3 To consider and approve the cost of printing the Questionnaire £525.00
9.4 To consider the cost of using a Data Analysis Company to analyse the Questionnaires – £4-£5,000.
10. Parish Plan Steering Group [PPSG]
10.1 To approve the circulated final Parish Plan
10.2 To approve the cost of printing the Parish Plan – t.b.a.
11. Transport Working Group [TWG]
Following a Meeting on the 5 February 2014 (details contained in the Information Sheet) the TWG recommends that:-
11.1 The Parish Council request the Ward Councillor take action to get the outstanding work requested in the Parishes actioned
11.2 The Parish Council request the Ward Councillor take action to request a 30mph speed limit on Black Hole Lane to replace the current 40mph limit
11.3 The Parish Council request that the Ward Councillor take action to request a 20mph speed limit on the A438 between Williams Mead and St James Close
12. To consider what action to take regarding standing water on the A438
13. To approve the design and location of the replacement Bus Shelter on the A438 near to the junction with Lugwardine Court Orchard – Plan circulated
14. Booking places on Courses
15. To consider purchasing a mobile Wi-Fi device plus contract for PC use
16. To consider the emergency co-ordination procedures within the Group Parish
17. To consider the Report received from NALC regarding Parish Land – Report circulated
18. To Receive Questions from Councillors [Tabled 7 days prior to meeting] 18.1 “When can this Council expect the Web site to be up to date? The clerk’s details are incorrect, currently the Minutes for the November 2013 meeting are missing, the last financial report is May 2012, the last set of accounts is for the FY 2011/12, the last info sheet is July 2013 and no budgets are published. Also many other items of information are obsolete or missing”
19. To Note the Information Sheet [circulated]
20. To Raise Items for the next Scheduled Parish Council Meeting [No Discussion]
21. To Note the Date and Time of next Scheduled Parish Council Meeting – Tuesday 13 May 2014 at 7:00pm Annual Parish Meeting followed by The Annual Meeting of the Parish Council
Mrs E Wilson
Parish Clerk Date: 5 March 2014